Comparing international business money transfer deals can help you find a cheaper, faster and more convenient way to send money overseas.
- Access a dedicated personal service through the telephone dealing team
- Free Rate Watch Service
- Send money online or through the FairFX mobile app
- Transfers via telephone dealing desk. Minimum transfer amount of £3,000
- Payment by bank transfer only
- FairFX do not offer transfers from INR to any other currency
- Secure the exchange rate for up to two years in advance
- One-off or regular payments with a Best Exchange Rate Guarantee
- Transact online or over the telephone with a dedicated dealer
- Payments by bank transfers only
- Minimum transfer amount of £3,000
- Business transfers are provided by sister company Global Reach Partners
5* 'excellent' rating on Trustpilot - over 600 reviews
- Helpful, impartial guidance rather than pushy advice - consultants not incentivised by commission
- No transfer fees or hidden charges - what Frontierpay quotes, it sends
- Ease of use - move money online, by phone or via email
- Minimum transfer is £500
- Payment by bank to bank transfer only
- This service is not available to anyone domiciled in India
5* 'excellent' rating on Trustpilot - over 200 reviews
- FCA-authorised foreign currency exchange for businesses and individuals
- Society of Technical Analysts-qualified currency specialists offering bespoke currency guidance
- Using a range of currency tools to build a tailor-made solution, to protect profits and mitigate currency risk
- Same-day payments available on key currencies and trading available on 40 currencies worldwide
- Minimum transfer £250
- Bank-to-bank transfers only
- Make money transfers online 24/7/365, using any device
- Competitive exchange rates and absolutely no transfer fees
- Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority
- Minimum transfer £50
- Business customers must pay by bank transfer
5* ‘excellent’ rating on Trustpilot from over 10,000 verified reviews
- Price – great exchange rates and excellent pricing via their selection of 10 liquidity providers
- Service – personal account manager and online platform available 24/7
- Forward contracts - fix up to 2 years and 0% deposit facility available (not available to all customers – subject to a credit assessment)
- Telephone service available Monday – Friday
- Business customers must pay by bank transfer
- Forward contracts may be subject to margin call terms
Business money transfers
Many businesses need to send money, or receive payments from, overseas. International business money transfers offer a fast, easy and cost-effective way to do this.
This guide to business money transfers tells you everything you need to know about this method of sending cash abroad.
How much do business money transfers cost?
Using your bank to send money overseas can result in high commission and administration charges. Most high street banks charge at least £20 per transaction.
Together with the poor exchange rates many banks offer, these fees can push the cost of a large international transfer into hundreds of pounds.
Fortunately, you can slash the cost of international business transfers by using a foreign exchange specialist rather than a high street bank. There are lots of companies offering international business money transfers.
What are the advantages of business money transfers?
Choosing to send money abroad via a market-leading international transfer service should mean you get a lot more for your money.
If you are worried about the exchange rate moving against you, it is also possible to fix a future payment at the current rate – thereby removing the risk of the cost of the payment going up due to sterling falling, for example. And for those keen to make the most of rising exchange rates, many companies offer rate alert services and the opportunity to set the exchange rate (for example within a few decimal points of the current rate) for a transfer to be made.
In addition, many transfers can be arranged online or over the phone, and the money should generally arrive at its destination within a few days at most.
What are the disadvantages of business money transfers?
Most of the currency specialists will only arrange transfers of at least £250, while transfers of less than £5,000 may attract higher fees. Many companies will also only accept bank transfers, rather than debit card payments, for example, while some are not FCA-authorised, meaning you could end up out of pocket if something goes wrong.
Finally, it is worth noting that you will generally have to pay commission – or a fee of some kind – to transfer money overseas, whichever company you use. The good news, however, is that you can minimise this cost by shopping around for the best deal.
Finding the best business money transfer
Shopping around for the best deal can save you hundreds of pounds on larger money transfers, with the difference between the deals offered by even the more competitive players on say £15,000 hitting well over £100.
MoneySuperMarket’s international money transfer tables take the legwork out of finding the cheapest way to make an overseas business payment.
All the currency companies listed are also FCA-authorised and regulated, giving you the security you need when transferring cash in this way.
How our site works
We want you to have as much choice as possible when you’re looking to transfer money abroad for business purposes. But some companies don’t want to be included on comparison websites, so we can’t promise to show you every single one. We’ve ranked these companies according to how much money you would receive, based on a hypothetical quote. You can find out more about how we work here.