HSBC Current Accounts Guide
A staple of British banking, HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services providers. HSBC is a bank that prides itself on dependability, being open to different ideas and cultures and connecting people throughout the world. There are around 38 million customers worldwide.
HSBC’s range of current accounts are designed to suits needs at all levels, throughout all parts of life. For a bank account with added benefits, there are the advance or premier bank accounts. These offer a range of extras, like exclusive discounts, cashback or a low rate credit card (check the full list for each account when you sign up). However, to qualify for these accounts, there are certain financial criteria you must pass to be eligible.
HSBC also have basic banking options, like their standard bank account, which comes with no monthly account fee, available overdraft service and a range of lending options. There’s also the basic bank account, which is aimed at customers who don’t qualify for other accounts perhaps due to bankruptcy or a poor credit history. The basic bank account offers no monthly account fees, 24/7 online or mobile banking and the ability to withdraw up to £300 a day.
Overdraft rate (EAR)
Interest rate (AER)
on balances between
on balances up to
- Mobile App
- Online Banking
- Online Fraud
- Overdraft Facility
- Get £150 when you start a full switch, with 2 direct debits or standing orders, to the HSBC Advance Bank Account
- Receive a further payment of £50 after 12 months when you register for Mobile or Online Banking within 60 days of account opening.
- Minimum overdraft offer of £1,000 at account opening.
- HSBC Advance Bank Account requires minimum monthly funding of £1,750
- You must continue to meet account eligibility criteria in order to receive the further payment.
- £1,000 overdraft offer subject to status and meeting HSBCs proof of UK address requirements.
ONLY AVAILABLE VIA MONEYSUPERMARKET AND HSBC. NEW HSBC CUSTOMERS GET £200 WHEN THEY SWITCH AND STAY. T&Cs APPLY. PLEASE SEE PROVIDER SITE FOR FULL DETAILS.